Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus has received its first post-launch update on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
The patch is big, adding support for Xbox One X, and fixing a few PC-only issues. On top of that, the Vault option in the Wolfenstein 2 menu has now been unlocked.
As confirmed earlier today, the game’s Xbox One X enhancements include support for 4K resolutions through a dynamic scaler. The Vault, as some players theorised, does introduce replayable content to the game.
It includes ten new “combat simulations”, but you can only access it after reaching Chapter 2. The missions keep track of your score, which you can compare against others on a leaderboards. You can replay these missions anytime from the menu option, or in a room on Evas Hammer in the game.
The Freedom Chronicles DLC’s prequel chapter, Episode Zero, was offered as a pre-order bonus and part of the season pass. This episode is now available to play.
See the PC fixes below:
- Improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUs
- Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available
- Forced driver update on driver detect warning message can now be manually bypassed
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when launching at any resolution other than 4K when DPI scaling is set to 175% 4K monitor
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when resolution is changed to 4K while DPI scaling is set to 125% or 150%
- Fixed “zoomed in brightness menu” issue on 4K monitors (when DPI scaling was set to greater than 100%)
- Skybox fixes