Hot on the heels of the recent big Overwatch patch, Blizzard has released a new smaller one on PC.
The new Overwatch update brings fixes to a number of bugs, but the biggest highlight is the removal of several maps from the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch rotation.
Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries are no longer part of the DM and TDM list, but can still be selected in custom games. Blizzard did not give a reason for this decision. One other big note is a change to how much Mercy’s Resurrect ultimate contributes to her on-fore meter.
This was done to account for the big change made to Mercy in the original patch. The update is available only on PC, but the same fixes will be rolled into a bigger update for PS4, and Xbox One to be released later.
See the full list of patch notes below:
- The credit that Mercy’s Resurrect contributes toward her on-fire meter has been adjusted to account for the recent changes in its functionality
- Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, or Volskaya Industries have been removed from the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch map rotation, but can still be selected in Custom Games
- Made several adjustments to the spectator camera to improve the viewing experience
- Fixed a bug that caused the audio from Junkertown’s front gate to play when previewing and opening Loot Boxes
- Fixed a bug that prevented the stagger and knockdown VO from canceling active voice lines
- Fixed a bug that allowed an incorrect voice line to play when firing D.Va’s Micro Missiles
- Fixed an issue that caused the spectator camera to lose track of heroes and player-controlled objects (e.g. Junkrat’s Rip-Tire)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji and Mercy’s ultimate voice lines from functioning properly when the Oni or Winged Victory skins were equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused sound effects to continuously repeat when using a beam weapon (e.g. Zarya’s Particle Cannon) to destroy the motorcycle in the attackers’ spawn room on Junkertown
- Fixed an issue that activated audio cues that are typically associated with enemy hits when shooting the motorcycle on Junkertown