Destiny 2 servers are back online after several hours of maintenance.
As promised, the next Destiny 2 patch has been released. It’s more of a hotfix, this one, bringing the game up to version 188.8.131.52.
The biggest change is that in Nightfalls, the active element will now be visible at all times. Previously, due to a bug, players would only get a message about the element changing before it disappeared. The update also added a screen effect to better alert players every time the burn changes.
As you’ve probably seen in our Destiny 2 guide, constantly changing the element burn is a result of the Prism modifier, which is completely new in Destiny 2.
Other problems fixed include not receiving the Man O’ War Linear Fusion rifle from Asher Mir when your inventory is full, and a fix to a memory leak that caused matchmaking to crash. The Man O’ War is one of the top Legendary weapons in PvE, and it’s definitely worth picking up.
See the full change log below:
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive Man O’ War Linear Fusion Rifle Quest Reward when they have a full weapon inventory
- Players can obtain their missing Man O’ War from Asher Mir on IO
- Fixed an issue where the Prism modifier did not persistently display the currently featured element
- Prism will now display a brief screen effect when the element changes to increase visibility
- This will also resolve an issue impacting the Momentum modifier
- Fixed an issue where a Raid object was receiving an unintended amount of damage from Wardcliff Coil
- Fixed an issue where completing a Meditation before selecting it from Ikora would hide that Meditation and prevent players from completing it receiving appropriate rewards.
- Fixed a rare memory leak that would result in a matchmaking crash
For a complete list of Destiny 2 error codes and known issues, check out our full story.
With the Destiny 2 raid now live, a lot of players are feeling the peer pressure to get raid-ready. Our levelling up guide will show you how to optimise for the most efficient levelling process.