Assuming you’re powerful enough to tackle it, the first Nightfall strike is now live in Destiny 2.
A Nightfall, in case you’re unaware, is a much harder version of an existing strike. Nightfalls come with set modifiers and are typically only reserved for end-game-ready players.
Nightfalls typically rotate on Tuesday, which is when the weekly reset takes place. Seeing as Destiny 2 launched on a Wednesday, this is when we’re getting the first one. Only a few may be ready for it today, but the number will surely increase as the week goes on (especially if they follow our Destiny 2 guide‘s recommendations for levelling up and getting more Power fast).
The modifiers are:
- Prism – Your attacks matching the focused element deal increased damage. All other elemental damage is reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is unaffected. The focused element rotates periodically.
- Timewarp: Killing Time – Defeat enemies to extend the mission timer, up to a limit.
Alongside the two modifiers, the Nightfall also comes with three challenges. Here they are:
- Speed of Dark – Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken – Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
- Trash The Thresher – Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
The first Nightfall run is going to be pretty special, and we’ll be sure to bring you footage when we have it.