The new DLC for Battlefield 1 is available today for Premium Pass owners, and has brought some changes with it alongside the new maps
- Galicia – An entrenched fight across a war-torn river valley.
- Brusilov Keep – A small village high in the Carpathians braces for a Russian siege.
- Albion – German ships invade the West Estonian Archipelago.
- Tsaritsyn – Old and new Russia clash in the war-torn streets of Tsaritsyn.
- Volga River – An epic tank battle along Volga River.
SUPPLY DROP GAME MODE
Resupplying troops was essential to victory in WW1, and the use of airplanes to deliver much-needed supplies was a completely new tactic. In the new Supply Drop mode, airdrops will appear periodically, and your team must defend the drop location to recover those supplies. The team that recovers the most supplies at the end of the match wins.
- Brusilov Offensive – The Russian army deploys new tactics on the Eastern Front in 1916.
- Red Tide – The Russian Red Army and White Guard clash in civil war during 1919.
- The Russian Empire’s White Guard
- Red Army
- Putilov Garford
- 305/52 O Coastal Gun
- Hussar Cavalry Unit
- Model 1900
- SMG 08/18
- FA Automatic Rifle
- General Liu Rifle
- Parabellum MG 14/17
- Perino Model 1908
- Mosin Nagant M91
- Vetterli Vitali M1870/87
- C93 Carbine
Sidearm (all kits)
- Nagant Revolver
- Obrez Pistol
Melee (all kits)
- Cossack Dagger
- Dud Club
There is another update, required for all users who want to play the game online, which introduces the ‘Specialization’ system and ‘Service Assignments’, which will test your abilities across different kits. The game is also adding support for HDR10, adding high dynamic range visuals for owners of consoles and screens capable of portraying them.
Here are the other patch notes:
- Fixed issue where the Origin Access dog tag was not being unlocked when subscribed to Origin Access.
- Added Service Assignments and Specializations.
- Fixed issue where the wrong rank icon was displayed on the Kill Card for Rank 110.
- Fixed issue where some weapons were not being fully customizable from the front end.
- Replaced shortcuts on Home Screen with dynamic Battlepacks and Service Assignments widgets.
- The name filter now trims empty filter texts in the Server Browser.
- Game servers with custom configuration are now designated as CUSTOM in the Server Browser.
- Fixed issue accessing Options menu after leaving the server queue.
- Fixed an issue in the End of Round screen where all Class Rank icons were gold instead of the corresponding Gold, Silver, or Bronze Rank value.
- Bombers should no longer take multiple damage pings from a single bullet.
- Changes to stationary weapon repair and respawn – if not repaired for two minutes, the QF1 AA, FK96 Field Gun, and 305/52 O Coastal Gun will be restored to full health. Players can still use a repair tool to get them back into action faster.
- Fixed issue where dismounting a horse while it was jumping would cause it to get stuck in the jump animation.
WEAPONS & GADGETS
- Fixed issue where it was possible to spawn with duplicate gadgets.
MAPS & MODES
- Fixed collision on staircase in Fort de Vaux to allow players to climb them while prone.
- The Best Squad screen will now appear after an operation is completed.
- Fixed issue where character models would appear blurry in the Best Squad screen.
- Improved loading of the Customize Soldier screen on the main menu.
- Fixed issue where the kill card would sometimes not show while spectating other players.
- Fixed display conditions for latency variation icon.
- Improved server-side player latency stability.
- Increased RSP map rotation limit from 15 to 24.
If you haven’t jumped into Battlefield 1 yet, the recently released Revolution edition contains all DLC, including In The Name of the Tsar.