Call of Duty: WW2 developer Sledgehammer games has been tracking player feedback about the beta since it went live.
And now, the developer has posted an update in response to some of the hottest topics raised by the community. To begin with, the beta level cap has now increased to 25.
This will allow players access to the Bouncing Betty lethal grenade, the Fighter Pilot scorestreak and other previously unavailable items.
As far as changes, Sledgehammer confirmed that the game will include a colourblind mode at launch. A bumper jumper controller configuration has also been promised for launch.
More serious issues like being stuck in an update loop when the game kicks you out to the menu is being looked at, as is the bug that causes players to also get kicked to the main menu when receiving an invite.
The update didn’t talk much about balance, save for the incendiary shotgun shells, which the studio promised to look at.
For the full list of problems being tracked, see below:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera esports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
The first round of the Call of Duty: WW2 beta ends today. The next round, scheduled for this weekend, will bring the beta to Xbox One as well as PS4.