Here’s an interesting way to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild but it sounds like it will make a tough go of things.
Those who are itching for an interesting challenge can play The Legend of Zeld: Breath of the Wild without picking up the rather useful Sheikah Slate.
Messing around using the save files, players are able to exit the Shrine of Resurrection without picking up Sheikah Slate.
Doing so, though, means you won’t be able to use the map forcing Link to walk all over the place instead of teleport. But, it also means time doesn’t really pass so you won’t have to deal with Blood Moons enhancing Ganon’s power and dealing with the spirits of fallen enemies returning to life.
The steps needed to try this glitch out are posted below, and were complied by the always awesome Nintendo Life:
- Start a new game, and save that game when you’re in the Shrine of Resurrection BEFORE picking up the Slate
- Open a save file where you’re outside of the Shrine of Resurrection and head towards a ledge (you can create an ice block to do this)
- Press A to climb down, and then pause at the same moment
- Reload the save in the Shrine of Resurrection. If done correctly, Link should collapse the second he wakes up in the Shrine of Resurrection
- And voila, he’s now outside the Shrine minus Sheikah Slate!
You can also watch the video of the glitch being used above from Nintendo3DSChannel, which is the YouTube channel for Gaming Reinvented, which goes over the glitch in more detail.
Luckily, runes in Zelda: Breath of the Wild can still be used, and terminals can still be interacted with, and if you find you’re not too keen on the glitch, just revisit the Shrine of Resurrection and grab it.