This week’s PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch is a bit more exciting than last week’s.
Developer Bluehole has already deployed the patch on the game’s test server. It should be available tomorrow on the live server, assuming nothing catches on fire.
As far as fixes, the patch for week 16 has made further improvements to UI performance, something the studio kicked off with last week’s patch.
There’s also a fix for the issue that caused the plane to stutter a bit at the start of the round. Firing weapons from inside underwater vehicles is now gone, which closes the door on some of the exploits around it.
The biggest change though, and my personal favourite, is that you no longer have to press F to open doors that have previously been destroyed by grenades or red zone bombs. You can find all the notes below.
- Optimised Care Package airplane
- Improved UI performance
- Fixed an issue where the starting airplane became immobile in sky at the very start of a round
- Fixed inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution
- You can always spectate your teammate’s screen in colour now
- You can no longer fire weapons in a vehicle from underwater
- Fixed an issue when you could not pick up mags from some areas of the lobby (starting island)
- You no longer have to press the F key to pass through doors destroyed by grenades or Red Zone bombs
- Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won’t be zooming in when revived
- Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically
- Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open