As promised yesterday, Nintendo has released the patch notes for Arms update 2.0.0.
It also includes various fixes which are part and parcel with updates, Stats and Events have been added to the Top Menu, and it comes with the new stage, Sky Arena.
Along with Max Brass, three new Arms have been added: Nade, Roaster and Kablammer. The map Snake Park has also been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.
The full patch notes for the Arms update are posted below.
Arms Update Version 2.0.0
Arms League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character with the following:
- New Arm Nade
- New Arm Roaster
- New Arm Kablammer
- New stage Sky Arena
New versus mode Hedlok Scramble
- Punch or touch the capsule containing the Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time
- This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match
- Stats added to the Top Menu: Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and Arm accuracy.
- Events added to the Top Menu: Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.
- Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.
- Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.
- Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.
- Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following Arms to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang
- Increased movement speed of the Guardian.
- Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.
- Increased the amount of time necessary for the following Arms to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra
- Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.
- Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra’s rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.
- Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.
- Fixed issue where in some instances Ribbon Girl could remain airborne for an overlong period of time while continually attacking.
- Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.
- Fixed issue where the time necessary for the Triblast to return when deflected was shortened.
- Fixed issue where Arms such as Blorb and Megaton would catch on the ground and fail to fire.
- Fixed issue where explosive Arms would sometimes fail to explode when receiving an attack.
- Fixed issue where the Slapamander would sometimes fail to hit Helix when he is extended.
- In online play, fixed issue where the appearance or non-appearance of items could differ between devices.
- In online play, fixed various issues with V-Ball including an issue where the ball would remain grounded and play would not proceed.
- In online play, fixed an issue where sometimes Barq would continually defend against an opponents’ rush attack for a set period of time.
- In online play, fixed issue where sometimes pillars in the Scrapyard would not be destructible.
The update will need to be downloaded in order to use the game’s internet features, and will automatically download and install if you’re currently online.
Once you’ve updated the game, unless another user has also applied the patch, you won’t be able to participate in Local or LAN Play with them if they are still on the earlier version.