A balance update will change how often you encounter certain pieces of loot while you’re desperately scrambling to stay alive in Battlegrounds.
In a post on the game’s Steam community page, the eponymous Playerunknown has announced some of the changes coming in the next update, ahead of tomorrow’s full set of patch notes.
“Due to a bug, we’ve been experiencing an issue where some items either spawned more or less than intended”, they write. “This was discovered in the process of modifying the spawn table internal structure for developing custom games, and after following and testing the issue, we discovered that a similar issue was present throughout all spawn tables.”
With this in mind, the following changes are being made in this ‘first pass’ loot balance update:
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
Nothing too dramatic, then, but this may mean that you feel like short-changed – or blessed by incredible luck – on the battlefield. For some deeper insight into Battlegrounds, be sure to check out Alex’s interview with the game’s executive producer Chang Han Kim.