Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Version 1.2 helps out players lagging behind in online matches.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has had a second patch this week, after May’s patch made a few tweaks and adjusted Inkling’s Girl’s celebratory animation so it was less offensive.
As well as general balancing changes, you can now use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin suit for your Mii driver.
And players lagging behind the pack have been given a helping hand, as they’ll “receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.”
You can check out the full patch notes for Version 1.2 below:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches