Creation Club will make it easier for ‘the very best creators’ to share content with players – and profit from it.
The Creation Club is further outlined on Bethesda’s Content Club site. According to the site, “it features new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.”
Content featured will include:
- WEAPONS: New weapons, material skins, parts, etc.
- APPAREL: New outfits, armor, and items for your character.
- WORLD: New locations, decorations, foliage, etc.
- CHARACTERS: New abilities, characters, companions, etc.
- CREATURES: New enemies, mounts, pets, etc.
- GAMEPLAY: New types of gameplay like survival mode, etc.
The content will need to be purchased with ‘credits’, which can be purchased on PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. You’ll be apply to become a creator and sell your wares through the Content Club, although the link on Bethesda’s page isn’t live yet.
Creators will be paid for their work; they will “start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones.” Mods will still be available separately, and Bethesda will not charge for them.