Tekken 7 has been updated. Here’s what you get.
Tekken 7 has been patched to version 1.02, so grab the latest update for some tasty improvements.
Unlike most fighting game updates the latest Tekken 7 patch notes are short and sweet. Only Nina has had to have balance adjustments, and on just one attack. Apart from that, there’s a new option in the menus to disable voice chat, and it’s off be default, so benturing online won’t result in immediate verbal assaults. Since Tekken 7’s single-player suite is pretty disappointing, it’s important the multiplayer be welcoming.
The main point of the patch is to shore up Tekken 7’s online matchmaking, which again is pretty important in a title so focused on online play. Bandai Namco didn’t really give details on how it has improved matters, but it’s worth nothing that the Matchlist feature has been disabled temporarily to aid matchmaking.
- Improved online matching functionality
- The following player information will no longer be displayed before a match: character selected, wins, rank, title
- Connection with other players can be established more frequently
- Improved stability: Matchlist is tentatively removed to improve online matching functionality
- Addition of ON/OFF feature for voice chat
- ON/OFF for voice chat added to OPTION menu.
- Set to OFF as default setting.
- Some characters’ move properties were corrected
- Nina’s Ivory Cutter attack properties.
Tekken 7 is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.