Season 5 of Overwatch’s Competitive Play starts only a couple of days after the end of Season 4.
Blizzard has now officially confirmed the start dates for the fifth season of the Overwatch Competitive Play.
The developer previously outlined the end date for Season 4.
To start with, Season 5 will be kicking off on Wednesday, May 31 at the follow times
- 5pm PDT
- 8pm EDT
- 1am BST (Thursday, June 1)
- 2am CEST (Thursday, June 1)
Blizzard also announced the rewards for Season 4. As long as you’ve completed at least your placement matches in Season 4, you’ll receive the unique spray and player icon revealed at the start of the season. These will be waiting for you the next time you log in after the season ends.
An extra player icon and an animated spray are reserved for the top 500 players of each region. Depending on the amount of Competitive Points (CP) you have, you’ll be able to buy the Gold skins Blizzard showed back in March.
The amount of CP you get is directly tied to the Skill Rating (SR) bracket you fall under. Here’s how that works:
- SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
- SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
- SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
- SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
- SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
- SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
- SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP
Overwatch’s latest big event celebrated its one year anniversary.