DICE has already said new weapons will be added to Battlefield 1 when In the Name of the Tsar launches. But which ones exactly? Let’s think out loud a bit.
All six discussed were used by Russian forces during World War 1. Considering DICE has aimed for historical accuracy from the start with the game, we’ll likely see some of the following weapons added.
- Mosin–Nagant M91 “Dragoon”: five-shot, bolt-action, internal magazine–fed rifle with a 30.5-inch barrel; will likely be the standard edition for the army in the game.
- Nagant M1895 Revolver: seven-shot, gas-seal revolver either single or double-action. Known as a “Private’s model” and “Officer’s model”, respectively.
- Fedorov Avtomat: short recoil, automatic rifle.
- Parabellum MG14 LMG: 7.9 mm caliber machine gun developed for aircraft, rate of fire was 700 rounds/minute.
- Remington Rolling Block: breech-loading rifle, was very popular with Buffalo slaughterers.
- Obrez Mosin: A sawed-off version of the Mosin-Naganbtr. Obrez in Russian roughly translates into ‘cut down’.
We’ll find out for sure come EA Play in June, as DICE will show off the Russian army, the new maps, weapons, vehicles, and more via livestream.
EA Play 2017 kicks off the Saturday before E3, June 10 at 12pm PT/3pm ET/8pm UK.
Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar is slated for release in late summer. A release schedule for the other two expansions hasn’t been provided.