After a period of quiet, For Honor has now received a big patch.
For Honor has a new patch available that brings a host of character-specific balance changes, tutorial and UI updates, as well as some major bug fixes.
Patch 1.05 rolled out on PC alongside server update 1.05.1. Ubisoft has yet to announce a release date for PS4, and Xbox One. See the full patch notes below.
- Superior Block feedback
- Warden’s Top Light opener Superior Block visual effect applied on sword.
- Kensei’s Dodge Forward, Left, Right Superior Block visual effect applied on sword.
- Valkyrie moveset
- Removed Guardbreak Cancel from Shield Tackle Cancel Moveset description.
- Updated Guardbreak Tutorial text for more clarity on Counter Guardbreak.
- [Bug Fix] Counter Guardbreak ability is no longer affected by the Debuff Gear Stat.
- [Bug Fix] Assassins not falling Unbalance when thrown out of stamina is resolved.
- [Bug Fix] Revenge activation no longer interruptible by Emotes.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed inverted Kensei Emotes “Wipe Blade” and “Arm and Armed”.
- [Bug Fix] Hidden Stance input improvement
- [Bug Fix] Nobushi’s bleed can no longer be applied without hitting target
- [Bug Fix] Using Shove on an enemy about to fall used to change their fall reaction
- (enemy would land on their feet instead of falling on their back).
- [Bug Fix] Blocking External Attacks while in Full Block Stance now costs stamina
- Heavy Finishers hit areas updated
- Health regeneration only works from Idle
- Health regeneration set to 12HP per tick (from 10HP)
- Shield Basher
- [Bug Fix] Shield Basher functionality will no longer be partially deactivated on death.
- Boosts are no longer available for pick-up at round start, they now appear 20 seconds after each round starts.
- The time to pick up a Boost has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- The following changes have been made to help shorten the average match length:
- The Hero Kill reward has been increased from 27 to 35 points
- The Streak kill bonus awarded per subsequent kill is now 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 points instead of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25.
- The “Savior” reward (assisting a friendly in a duel) has been increased from 10 to 15 points
- Introduced the “Avenger” renown bonus that rewards 15 points (Killing an enemy who has recently killed a team mate within a 10 second timeframe)
- Changed the “Honor” bonus of 1 vs 1/2/ 3/4 to 15, 20, 25 and 30 points from 10, 15, 20, and 25 points
- Base respawn time has been reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
- Custom match
- The Hero Single pick option has been added to custom matches, accessed on the rules page.
- Attack and Defense stats no longer apply when in Revenge mode. Only the Revenge Attack and Revenge Defense stats apply when in Revenge.
- Debuff Resistance will no longer reduce the Guardbreak Counter window of opportunity.
- Revenge gain by Defense is now applied only when you block or parry a hit.
- Revenge gain by Injury is now only applied when you get revenge from taking damage.
- Revenge mode Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 32.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -10.6%
- Revenge gain by Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 36.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -12.1% to -8.0%
- Revenge mode attack (found on Weapon part 3, usually guard)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -8.0%
- Revenge mode duration (found on Helm part)
- maximum bonus decreased from 54.0% down to 25.0%%
- maximum penalty decreased from -18.0% to -8.3%
- Sprint Speed (found on Chest part)
- The maximum bonus decreased from 18% down to 9%
- The maximum penalty decreased from -6.0% to -3.0%
- All Daily Orders and Contract Orders can now be done in PvP and PvAI without distinction.
- Added Daily Orders that can be done regardless of the game mode you play.
- Team icons disappear from the chat window once the chat has timed out.
- Players will no longer be paired on the same team when paying in 1v1 Duel after re-inviting a player who has quit
- FIXED: Some players with newer Mobile Graphics Cards are unable to switch the game to exclusive full screen mode
- FIXED: Game sometimes gets stuck for 15-20 seconds on the “Exit to World map” pop-up after completing a match
- FIXED: Game freeze on the World Map for some players
- FIXED: Game gets stuck on processing message after confirming outfit purchase pop up when social page is in the background
- FIXED: Uplay achievement title and description are inversed for “Complete the Samurai Chapter”
- FIXED: Payment window does not disappear when closing the Uplay overlay with the mouse
- FIXED: Scrolling in the Moveset screen affecting both lists at the same time (Hero Specific & Moves)
- FIXED: Players are unable to apply background or Symbols for a second time after opening and closing the Uplay overlay
- FIXED: Game gets stuck on processing/need more steel screen on confirming the feat purchase pop up while hero preview is in background
- FIXED: In-game error messages not supporting 21:9 resolution
- FIXED: Selection area of Feats in story mission loadout is too big
- FIXED: Multiple broken mapped icons
- FIXED: Keyboard layout screen is missing when a steam controller is connected
- FIXED: Placeholder button prompt are displayed after disconnecting and reconnecting a steam controller
- FIXED: Item thumbnail doesn’t get refreshed properly if the player clicks an item while dismantling another in the scavenge reward screen
- FIXED: Mouse click for the client does not work on the warning pop-up, after the host leaves any PvAI session
- FIXED: “Scroll Up” and “Scroll Down” buttons on Credits page are not clickable
- FIXED: Tips on Controls page contain old button prompts when a player makes changes in Key mappings and then performs Reset to Default
- FIXED: Mouse wheel scrolling through parameters of Custom Match on Map Overview is not functional
- FIXED: Input is not disabled if game is minimized or an overlay (UPlay, Steam) is visible
- FIXED: Nobushi hidden stance having a smaller input cone than other “down” stances
- FIXED: Nobushi hidden stance is not working with Steam Controller native controls
- FIXED: Steam Controller not switching to menu binding when opening the Menu while in Guard mode
- FIXED: in-game menu is not invoked when a PS4 controller is disconnected
- “ALL Chat” is now the default scope for text chat in the Duel Game mode
- FIXED: Players are unable to use text chat in the lobby on re-match
- FIXED: Windows key is now working in borderless and exclusive fullscreen when in the menus
- FIXED: Win+Shift+Arrow key behavior in borderless and fullscreen:
- It was possible to move the window outside the viewable space
- It was not following the microsoft standard “wraparound” o It was not working with Arrow UP/DOWN
- FIXED: When minimising after using the shortcut, the game went to the wrong monitor
The change log for server update 1.05.1 includes even more granular tuning for some of the characters, and you can see them all through the link.
We’ll update you once we have a release date for the patch on consoles.