Dark Souls 3’s latest patch makes things slightly easier for Ringed City owners and non-DLC owners alike.
Now that the final DLC for Dark Souls 3 – and maybe the last one in the series – The Ringed City, is available for all, From Software has released a new patch to tone down some of its difficult encounters.
Patch 1.32 is now available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One following server maintenance conducted earlier today. This is also a server-side update, so you won’t be downloading anything.
The biggest change here is a damage reduction to the light arrows fired by the big Angles – the flying ladies that pelt you from afar. Non-Ringed City notes include an increase to the damage and scaling of many infusions, a nerf to the Exile Greatsword, and some bug fixes.
Here’s the full set of notes:
- Reduced damage of the light arrows fired by “Angels”
- The sorcery “Hidden Body” is now effective against “Angels”
- Reduced the damage of homing spears released from “Spear of the Church”
- Reduced the amount of bonus absorption the “Spear of the Church” receives during 1vs2, 1vs3 and 1vs4 games (1vs1 is unaffected)
- Reduced the amount of HP “Church Guardian” has during a 1vs1 match (1vs2, 1vs3 and 1vs4 are unaffected)
- Increased damage and scaling of simple, crystal, fire, chaos, lightning, dark, deep and blessed infusions
- Increased damage of raw infusions
- Reduced damage and scaling of heavy infusions at lower weapon levels
- Increased scaling of sharp infusions, and increased damage gain at high levels of dexterity
- Reduced scaling of heavy infusions on lighter weapons
- Reduced damage of “Exile Greatsword”
- Reduced damage for L1(LB) attacks, and increased stamina consumption for L1(LB) attacks and weapon art “Ember” of “Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords”
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art “Wind Wheel” of “Splitleaf Greatsword” was applying more status effects than intended
- Fixed a bug where fully charged R2(RT) attacks of “Profaned Greatsword” and “Black Knight Greatsword” were not consuming additional stamina
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art of “Preacher’s Right Arm” would combo for more hits than intended
- Fixed a bug where the weapon art of “Painting Guardian’s Curved Sword” would combo for more hits than intended
- Increased damage of Toxic dealt by players, but reduced the penalty to stamina regeneration
The Ringed City is a big DLC, bigger than Ashes of Ariandel and it includes more bosses and some pretty challenging areas. If you want your playthrough to go smoothly, our mega-guide is a good place to start.
It even includes details about the hidden areas (and bosses).