A new gameplay video for Prey, focusing on Weapons and Power Combos has been released, showing some of the different ways to combine weapons, tools and abilities.
In Prey, players will be able customize Morgan Yu with 24 human upgrades and 20 alien powers which can also be upgraded.
Along with the human abilities such as Hacking, Gunsmith, Leverage and Repair and Gunsmith, players will have three trees of Typhon-based abilities: Energy, Morph and Telepathy. Each of the alien powers come with reward and risk.
When alien powers are installed, the turrets on Talos I will view the player as a hostile entity. If that weren’t enough, the more alien powers used, the risk of being hunted by the massive Nightmare Typhon increases.
You can look over the full list of alien powers below, and more details through Bethesda.
Kinetic Blast (I, II and II)
- Create a physical blast that deals up to 70 damage and pushes away anything within 5 meters of the targeted area.
- Upgrade Kinetic Blast to increase the damage and push radius around the targeted area.
Lift Field (I and II)
- Manipulate gravity to create a column of upward force up to 7 meters tall that last 15 seconds and can trap enemies.
- Upgrade Lift Field to increase the height of the column.
Electrostatic Burst (I, II and III)
- Create an electrostatic burst that deals up to 25 damage within 3 meters of the targeted area. Additionally, the burst disrupts electronic equipment, stuns robotic targets for 3 seconds, and stuns biological targets for 2 seconds.
- Upgrade Electrostatic Burst to increase the damage and area of effect, as well as the stun periods for both robotic enemies and biological enemies.
Electrostatic Absorption: Absorb 50% of all electrical damage as psi points.
Electrostatic Resistance: Negate stun and take 50% less damage from electrical attacks and hazards.
Superthermal (I, II and III)
- Create a trap of super-heated plasma that deals up to 80 fire damage within 4 meters when triggered.
- Upgrade Superthermal to increase the damage and area of effect.
Thermal Resistance: Take 50% less damage from fire attacks and hazards.
Thermal Absorption: Absorb 50% of all fire damage as psi points.
Mimic Matter (I, II and III)
- Camouflage yourself by taking the form of a nearby object. Movement is possible but may draw attention. Uses 2 psi per second.
- Upgrade Mimic Matter to mimic more complex machinery, like turrets and Operator bots around Talos I.
Regeneration (I and II)
- Regenerate up to 10 health immediately after taking damage.
- Upgrade Regeneration to increase the amount of health you regenerate.
Phantom Shift (I and II)
- Rapidly change position up to 6 meters away and leave behind a double that fools enemies for 4 seconds.
- Upgrade Phantom Shift to increase the distance you move and the length of time your double distracts your enemies.
Ether Resistance: Take 50% less damage from ether attacks and hazards.
Ether Absorption: Absorb 50% of all ether damage at psi points.
Phantom Genesis (I and II)
- Create a Phantom that will fight for you from a human corpse.
- Upgrade Phantom Genesis to create a more powerful Phantom to fight for you. Phantom type is randomly determined.
Backlash (I, II and III)
- Create a shield for 20 seconds, which prevents the next enemy attack from damaging you. Enemies that attack the shield are repelled.
- Upgrade Backlash to increase the number of attacks the shield can block.
Fear Resistance: Reduce duration of fear effects by 25%.
Psychoshock (I, II and III)
- Execute a direct psychic shock attack against biological targets for 45 damage and nullify psi abilities for 10 seconds.
- Upgade Psychoshock to increase the amount of damage the attack does, as well as the amount of time psi abilities will be nullified.
Mindjack (I, II and III)
- Force biological enemies to end hostilities and fight for you for up to 20 seconds. Also frees humans from Typhon mind control.
- Upgrade Mindjack to increase the amount of time enemies will fight for you.
Remote Manipulation (I, II and III)
- Use your mind to retrieve distant objects and interact with devices up to 10 meters away.
- Upgrade Remote Manipulation to increase your range.
Machine Mind (I, II and III)
- Force robotic enemies to end hostilities and fight for you for up to 30 seconds.
- Upgrade Machine Mind to increase the amount of time hostile robotic enemies will fight for you.
A new video taking a look at Morgan’s armory will be released, and will feature the development team discussing how you’ll be Playing with Powers. The following day, Thursday, will reveal more insight into the game’s mind-altering Neruomod Division.
Prey will be released on May 5 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.