Rejoice! Episode Gladiolus is here.
Gladiolus’ play style will shake things up a bit after we’ve all gotten used to Noctis and his Warp Strike. Combat will focus more on defense, blocking, and counterattacks.
The story follows Gladiolus after he loses to high commander Ravus. He pairs up with Cor to “challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.”
You can pick up the DLC for $4.99/ £3.99 on the Xbox Games Store and PS Store. Here’s a run down of what that’ll get you:
- A new story told from Gladiolus’ perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in FINAL FANTASY XV’s main storyline
- An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus’ blocking and counterattacking play style through the new “Valor” and “Rage” system
- Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
- Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
- Two brand-new gameplay modes, ‘Score Attack’ and ‘Final Trial’ made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
Episode Gladiolus is out now on PS4 and Xbox One.