If you missed the Destiny: Age of Triumph livestream earlier this week, Bungie has provided all pertinent information from it as well as a YouTube version for you to watch at leisure.
Luckily, the Age of Triumph information posted below for Destiny has been organized for a quick read by Bungie. So, if you are one of those who mentally shut down when confronted by a wall of text, this post is specifically for you.
Because I love you, and only want you to be happy.
Of course, you can also follow the link above and read the entire report for extra nuggets of information, or watch the video from Arekkz who breaks it all down for you.
Without further ado, here’s the information once again.
Destiny – Age of Triumph Details
- Age of Triumph begins with a Quest held by the Speaker
- The Director will feature a new set of Weekly Featured Activities
- Daybreak Strikes include the Mayhem modifier from the Crucible
- Earn three Eververse boxes each week through gameplay
- The Nightfall buff is back
- Changes were made to improve matchmaking quality and flexibility in earning rewards.
- Number of Crucible playlists reduced to help draw Guardians into a more focused set of battlegrounds.
- Five core playlists in the center row, and one rotating playlist in the top rotator will be added each week.
- Private Matches will continue to remain on the bottom row.
- Players who do not own Rise of Iron will find their offering each week in the top rotator. Can feature: Zone Control, Combined Arms, Mayhem Clash, Mayhem Rumble or Doubles modes.
- Elimination will be available each week; will continue to be replaced with Trials of Osiris each weekend.
A preview of a week featuring Control, Supremacy, Elimination/Trials, Salvage, and Rumble is illustrated below. The following week will feature Clash, Rift, Elimination/Trials, Skirmish, and Rumble Supremacy.
- Lord Shaxx will continue to offer weekly bounties, and will now offer one for each of the 6v6 core modes offered each week.
- Daily Crucible bounties have been updated to be more inclusive of Guardians, regardless of which mode they play, which subclass they favor, or if they have a Fireteam available.
- The Crucible Quartermaster will offer five new bounties each week for different weapon archetypes. This allows the player to earn a variety of Crucible, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris weapons from Year 2 and Year 3.
- There is a Hand Cannon bounty that can reward an Eyasluna.
- Trials of Osiris bounties have been updated and all are now able to be completed daily while Trials of Osiris is active.
- Silver and Gold tier bounties will now feature Gear and Weapons from Year 3.
How the Weekly Story Playlist works
Each week, a curated playlist of Destiny story missions will be available and do not feature matchmaking. Fireteam requirements are one to three players, with a recommended 380 Light.
One of the following playlists will be featured each week, with various modifiers:
- Earth and Moon: Contains missions from the release of Destiny
- Mars and Venus: Contains missions from the release of Destiny
- Dark Champions: Contains missions from Destiny: The Dark Below and Destiny: House of Wolves
- The Taken War: Contains missions from Destiny: The Taken King
- The Iron Lords: Contains missions from Destiny: Rise of Iron
Players may earn the following rewards:
- Treasure of Ages: Once per week, rewarded upon first activity completion.
- Legendary Marks: Five times per week, players will be rewarded with 20 legendary marks upon activity completion.
- Materials: Five times per week, players will be rewarded with various Planetary Materials, Consumables, or Glimmer upon activity completion.
As previously reported, the Blue Flames are back. This means that when completing a Nightfall Strike, the Radiant Light EXP will grant increased Reputation and Experience gains until the next Weekly Reset.
At present, Bungie hasn’t provided details on how large the download will be, but in the coming weeks, the studio plans to announce Maintenance and Downtime for Destiny: Age of Triumph update 2.6.0. along with dates and times, console hard drive requirements and more.
There is a final livestream planned for next week on March 22 which will focus on the sandbox update, specifically armor and weapons. Be sure to tune into that.
Destiny: Age of Triumph kicks off on March 28 for PS4 and Xbox One.