Details on the Season Pass and other post-launch content plans have been provided for Ghost Recon: Wildlands – both free and paid.
A price for the Season Pass wasn’t provided as of press time, but it’s known that certain retail and digital editions of Ghost Recon: Wildlands will include the pass along with all post-launch content.
The Season Pass will come with two major expansions, one special mission, boosts, equipment packs, and an exclusive vehicle. Both expansions will include one week of early access before being released to the public.
Those who do not own the Season Pass will need to fork over some cash for each of the expansions. A price was not provided.
All players, though, will be handed a free PvP update for after release. It’s a tactical, class-based 4v4 team combat mode with details to be made available at a later date.
More content that what’s included here is in the works as well, from what the firm has said before, so we’ll keep an eye out for that.
Ubisoft also provided information on Challenges. The first Season of Challenges will start a few weeks after launch with each Season featuring a specific theme, creating a short story to follow.
For a month and a half, players will be handed weekly objectives, some of which need to be accomplished solo, with the Task Force and through the entire community. If the different Challenges are completed, various rewards will be unlocked for all participants. More information on Challenges will be announced at a later date.
Information on what’s included in the Season Pass is below.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands Season Pass
One week early access to two major expansions
- Narco Road: Players will infiltrate a gang of smugglers and take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader’s trust and destroy them from the inside. Gamers will be able to meet new bosses and travel the wildlands in new vehicles.
- Fallen Ghosts: During an evacuation mission, the Ghosts’ chopper is shot down and the squad will need to adapt as they’re tracked down by an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Players will fight a new powerful enemy, learn new skills and unlock weapons to complete their mission.
- The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
- The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches.
Faction themed equipment packs
- Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customised with unique engraving work.
- Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps while in disguise. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customised with the colours of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
- Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customised with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
- Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus
Digital content boosts
- Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
- Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands releases on March 7 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.