For Honor gets its first big post-release patch this week. Here’s what’s in it and what time it drops.
For Honor players can expect the first major patch, v1.03, this week.
The PC version of the patch will roll out at 8:00am EST February 28, at which time the For Honor servers will be down for about 15 minutes.
For Honor players on PS4 and Xbox One will have to be patient for a little while longer, but Ubisoft said the update has been submitted for certification with both Sony and Microsoft, so it shouldn’t be more than a few days if all goes well.
The full patch ntoes for For Honor v1.03 are below; after the general seciton you’ll find some PC-specific bug fixes.
For Honor v1.03 patch notes – General
- Fixed a bug that caused players to lose the “Hard to Kill “ Feat upon death.
- Orochi & Berserker
- Addressed bugs with their area of effect (AOE) ground Feats not working if the player stopped moving
- The Orochi’s Nail Bomb & the Berserkers Stun Trap Feats now apply their damage effects correctly to characters who trigger the trap, but stop moving towards the trap, as it was intended.
- The Valkyrie Bloodlust Feat is now triggered on all types of kills as it was intended.
- Berserker, Warlord, & Valkyrie
- Tweaked the “Rush” Feat animation transition bug from idle to sprint animations
- All Fighters
- We reverted the Guardbreak mechanics to the Beta behavior in order to have it be a more usable skill. Guardbreak is no longer un-counterable if you’re Guardbroken during Guardbreak startup.
- Attacks that cannot be blocked because they are too fast no longer display the Unblockable Attack feedback.
- Fixed camera clipping issues with walls on executions
- Fixed the Peacekeeper Guardbreak and Bleed stacking bug
- Stab 1 applies 2 dmg + 15 Bleed dmg over 10 sec
- Stab 2 applies 2 dmg + 12 Bleed dmg over 8 sec
- Stab 3 applies 2 dmg + 9 Bleed dmg over 6 sec
- Bleed damage now stacks up for a total of 36 dmg, in the Beta this total was higher (45dmg) but has been reduced for balancing along with the accompanied bug fix
- Increased the range of the Peacekeeper Stab Attack to fix issues with missed stabs and therefore not applying Bleed
- Stab range increased from 1 m to 2 m
- Changed the range distance of the Peacekeeper Light Attack. She can now connect a Light Attack after a parry.
- Normal Light Attacks had their range increased by 0.25 m; from 2.75 m to 3 m
Some tweaking was made on the Peacekeeper during the Beta, which caused some bugs and unintended changes. We are changing some of her moves to behave as designed.
- Berserker & Conqueror
- Light Attack recoveries decreased to prevent free Guardbreak on Block. This was never the intended behavior.
- Berserker’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms
- Conqueror’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms
- Pouncing Thrust & Hunter’s Strike damage increased from 12 dmg to 17 dmg
- Pouncing Thrust & Hunter’s Strike can link into Light Chain faster: from 400 ms – 900 ms to 200 ms – 500 ms
- Light Attacks recoveries reduced by 100 ms
- Light Attack Miss Recovery 900 ms to 800 ms
- Light Attack Hit Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms
- Light Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms
- Light Attack Regular Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms
- Light Chain second Attack Startup reduced by 100 ms, recoveries reduced by 100ms
- Light Chain second Attack Startup 600 ms to 500 ms
- Light Chain second Attack Miss Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms
- Light Chain second Attack Hit Recovery 600 to 500 ms
- Light Chain second Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms
- Light Chain second Attack Regular Block Recovery 600 ms to 500 ms
- Shield Crush can now be chained into Light Chain
- After 400 ms into Hit Recovery
- After 500 ms into Miss Recovery
- Hunter’s Rush Recoveries shortened by 200 ms
- Miss recovery 1000 ms to 800 ms
- Hit recovery 800 ms to 600 ms
- Interrupt Block recovery 900 ms to 700 ms
- Regular Block recovery 800 ms to 600 ms
Overall Valkyrie gameplay update/buff. We found that the changes we made during our latest Technical Test were impacting too much the dueling abilities of the Valkyrie. She has gone from the 1st place in Win/Loss in Duel to the last spot. We’ve made some of her moves a little faster and we’ve added some mix-ups.
- Increased the dodge back on the Orochi’s “Riptide Strike”
- Increased the backward displacement from 1.75 m to 2 m
- Duel, Brawl, Elimination
- Bots joining an in-progress match will be dead for the current round.
- Changed Music in Face Off screen
- Various bug fixes
For Honor v1.03 PC-specific bug fixes
- UI fixes
- Map overview is displayed when user tries to preview emblem in emblem editor when accessed in between Next Match timer screen
- Non-FullScreen Videos are stretched in non 16:9 screens
- UI Issues with Hero Customization & World map UI in 21:9 aspect ratio
- Conflicting Scroll areas in Game Mode Selection
- Wrong tip for quick chat controls appear when using keyboard and mouse
- The mouse disappears after skipping the faction War video
- Button prompts not displayed correctly in tutorial hints if user assigned buttons, which are too long
- Controller Button depiction is displayed in instructions on face off screen even if controller is not connected
- Scrollbar is incorrectly displayed to the left side of the page on selecting Key mapping with the mouse or keyboard
- Bot settings in “Custom Match” blocked for keyboard when the mouse is moved
- Pressing A to buy items in the store is instant instead of Hold
- X/Y/Ä is not recognized properly on the Key Mapping Page with a German keyboard layout
- Mapping < on German keyboard shows black icon
- Key binding does not support all the special characters
- Chat fixes
- Post match chat position too low
- Scrolling down a long list in IME crashes the game
- Group leader can only see their own messages in custom matches
- Chat not accessible after restarting game flow
- IME – visual elements missing for edit mode (underline/rectangle)
- Graphics fixes
- Full screen not working after restarting the game
- Crash when the correct GPU driver is not found
- Shadow Flickering on Player on Extreme Settings
- Controls fixes
- Game does not detect Dualshock 4 controller connected via DUALSHOCK 4 USB Wireless Adapter
- Game does not detect Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3 Gamepad
- “Full Block” ingame action not working for Steam Controller
- “Left Guard”, “Right Guard”, “Top Guard” ingame actions not working for Steam Controller
- General fixes
- Recording and Screenshot capturing with ‘Radeon ReLive’ not working
- Push to talk does not work if popup is on screen
- Ansel – Some UI elements remain visible with Ansel enabled
- UI Improvements
- PC Mouse & keyboard now have separated loading screen tips
- Player widget is now clickable with shortcuts to (Emblem editor, Profile & Store page)
- Adjust chat log position to avoid critical overlaps in menus
- Removed “Map overview” from story mission selection screens
- Improve Mouse + Keyboard handling of the Bot selection page
- Graphics Improvements
- Visual Improvement to nVidia’s HBAO+
- Improved HZB generation on higher resolutions (4K)
- General Improvements
- EAC displays better error descriptions to players
- Fixed multiple crashes