Live Fire, the 6v6 Pilot only mode for Titanfall 2, will be released tomorrow.
The news was posted by Respawn Entertainment on the official Titanfall 2 website.
It will feature two mode-specific Live Fire maps, Featured Playlists, a new execution, an additional Coliseum map, mixtape-style matchmaking, balance patches, and more.
Balancing was touched upon last week via the preliminary patch notes found here.
Here’s more information on the content included in tomorrow’s drop, straight from Respawn:
- Mixtape Matchmaking: You’ll notice a complete overhaul of the matchmaking menu. Thanks to hard work from the team and feedback from the community, this new feature will allow you to create your own “mixtape” of modes.
- Featured Playlist: Here we will be swapping out new modes each week that we think you should play, and for some of them we’ll reward you with Double XP events for checking them out.
- Live Fire Maps: There will be two maps, Stacks and Meadows, that will support Live Fire mode only. Live Fire will be a limited time mode that will show up on Featured Playlists. We’ll be rotating this with other modes that we want to feature.
- New Patch: There will be a large patch included with this update that will bring a plethora of game changes and fixes among many other things. We will provide patch notes online at release as well as in the Multiplayer menu FAQ.
- New Execution: Inspired by the Stim, Last Hit packs a punch and you’ll see it show up with the rest of the executions in the Pilot customization options.
- New Coliseum Map: Go mano e mano in a brand-new map called Columns that adds a twist to the existing formula.
- New Factions Intros: We’ve added some new dialogue for faction leaders, so enjoy the new pep talk as you drop into that next match.
If you want some pointers on playing the new Live Fire mode, Visceral Games community manager Jay Frechette has you covered over on the PS Blog
To celebrate, the studio is also hosting a double XP weekend from tomorrow, through Monday February 27. The bonus XP will be granted only for playing in Live Fire mode.