The first post-launch For Honor patch is coming later today to PC.
For Honor developer Ubisoft Montreal has announced that a new PC hotfix will be released today. The patch aims to take care of a few PC-specific problems reported since launch and during the beta.
Easy AntiCheat, the game’s anti-cheat system that’s been causing problems for some players, will get a couple of fixes. First, the hotfix takes care of an issue that prevented players from getting into games. The system’s error messages will now be more user-friendly.
Players using the Steam Controller will also no longer be kicked for inactivity. The patch goes live today at 8am ET, 5am PT, 1pm GMT. It’s worth noting that this is not the recently revealed gameplay patch. That one is still without a date.
Find the full list of notes below:
- FIXED: Updated the error messaging for certain Easy AntiCheat notifications to make them more user friendly
- FIXED: Error that was incorrectly blocking some players from entering the game
- Steam Controller users will no longer be kicked as inactive (AFK) when providing controller input
- Addressed bugs in the the shutdown process
- FIXED: game sometimes storing borderless in the options on shutdown
- FIXED: game still showing in taskbar after pressing x. When clicked you would see a small window without borders that closes shortly after.
- Addressed several PC startup/full screen bugs
- FIXED: game starting in window mode when clicking somewhere else during startup
- FIXED: game switch display mode twice on startup
- FIXED: game switching to borderless when ALT+ENTER after previous switch to full screen failed
- Fixed the caching of settings on game minimization
- FIXED: Incorrect window positions being stored in options when game is minimized
- A message will now be displayed on BOOT if Intel GPU driver is below min specs
As always, if you’re after For Honor tips or a breakdown of some of the game’s systems, our guide is a great place to start. We update it almost daily, and it’s full of must-know information, regardless of your skill level.