Minecraft snapshot 17W06A updates the colour palette, adds new blocks and Creative Mode features.
If you want to try out snapshots, it’s always wise to backup your worlds, or better yet, make a new one to try out the new features in.
Once you’ve done that, create a new profile called snapshots, tick the “enable experimental development snapshots” box, and save. To switch back to the regular version, choose it from the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher.
Snapshot 17W06A introduces new blocks and some new Creative Mode features. It’ll also update the base colour palette of Minecraft.
There are more snapshots to come over the next few months, but for now, here are the changes in 17W06A:
- Save toolbars in Creative Mode with Ctrl+Slotkey and load them with Shift+Slotkey
- Added colored Concrete blocks
- Added colored Concrete Powder blocks
- Added colored Glazed Terracotta blocks
- Updated the base color palette of Minecraft (affects things such as Banners and Sheep)
- Updated textures for Wool blocks