Bastion’s changes kick into action on the PTR.
Bastion has had a hard time in Overwatch, becoming a bit of a wallflower as the game’s meta changed.
Last week principal designer Geoff Goodman announced that the hero would be getting a much overdue overhaul and we’re seeing those changes roll out in the PTR. Alex talks us through the major updates in the video above.
The patch notes list minor updates for a bunch of other heroes as well as Bastion, but his new passive Ironclad and the tweaks to Self-Repair make him look a lot more appealing.
If you’re in the PTR you can give him a whirl right now. The full list of his updates are listed below.
- Configuration: Sentry
- Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
- No longer deals critical damage
- Configuration: Recon
- Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- Configuration: Tank
- No longer grants bonus armor
- Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration