The Elder Scrolls Online has just updated to version 2.7.5, which includes the new free ‘Homestead’ update.
The new changes are outlined in full in the game’s tremendously long patch notes. It might not be as extensive as the upcoming Morrowind expansion, but this update is pretty substantial. There will be 39 new homes added to the game, with the first one being made available to players for free after a short initial quest.
All other homes in the game will need to be purchased with gold or crowns, and all homes will be shared across all characters on your account.
There are six different tiers of housing available:
- Inn Rooms: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
- Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
- Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
- Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
- Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
- Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
There are several other changes and additions promised in the patch notes as well, but being able to buy and furnish homes is definitely the most exciting part of the update. The patch comes in at 3.36GB.
The Elder Scrolls Online is available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.