Velvet Shell, Rainbow Six Siege’s first DLC in 2017, is coming tomorrow alongside a number of big changes.
In case you missed it, the first content drop for Rainbow Six Siege this year is right around the corner.
Having been recently detailed, Ubisoft has now announced the release date for Velvet Shell. But that’s not all, the patch that brings the new content will also come with a number of key adjustments.
Before we get into the details, the update will drop tomorrow following one-hour server maintenance across PC, PS4, and Xbox One. PC goes offline 11-12am EST / 8-9am PT / 4-5pm GMT. PS4 servers go offline 9-10am EST / 6-7am PT / 2-3pm GMT. Finally, Xbox One maintenance takes place 10-11am EST / 7-8am PT / 3-4pm GMT.
Outside of the free map and the two new operators, Velvet Shell comes with four new signature weapon skins. Rook will also receive the first Year 2 Elite set – a collection of unique armour pieces and a victory animation.
As for game changes, first up we have a bit of a UI refresh, which aims to make navigating the interface more dynamic. The new UI will display challenges, news, and boosters in one place. The same page will also have a section that allows for quick access to the last gamemode you played, this is referred to as a ‘personalised play button’.
The operators menu have seen a few upgrades, too. Additionally, the update is changing how the game displays ranks. For starters, the ranks in each tier will now go from four to one, as opposed to the other way around, when you get closer to the next tier.
For example, the lower Gold tier rank will now be Gold 4, and so on. The rank icons themselves are also getting changed to make it easier to tell players’ ranks at a glance.
As far as balance changes go, the Velvet Shell update will make changes to the way weapon sights are rendered in game. Previously, the same sight would look different from one weapon to the other (closer to the screen or farther).
As you can see, the sight’s position in first-person changed depending on where it was physically attached to the gun itself. Though this was authentic to the real thing, Ubisoft noted it didn’t have a positive impact in game. Now, any sight will look the same regardless of the weapon it’s attached to.
Though the change has already been made, Ubisoft said it’s still looking for feedback through the usual channels.
Operators Capitao and IQ get a couple of changes, as well. The former now has access to a claymore, while the latter can now equip frag grenades. Capitao no longer has access to frag grenades, but his stun grenades will remain. As for IQ, her three stun grenades have been replaced with two frag grenades, while retaining access to her breach charges.
See below for the rest of the patch notes:
- FIXED – Operator’s head is missing in drone view during Situation 7 and Situation 10.
- FIXED – Tachanka’s view can be misrepresented, preventing his shots from registering.
- FIXED – 556xi and AUG A2 are sometimes unable to destroy a distant camera.
- FIXED – Weapons equipped with a Suppressor, Heavy Barrel, or Muzzle brake have no muzzle flash.
- FIXED – Jager’s gadget can be deployed on an Operator’s shield, and remain in that place after the shield moves.
- FIXED – Nitro Cell damage radius is much higher on hardwood walls.
- Terrorist Hunt
- FIXED – The reload crate in Lower Library 1F (University) will spawn inside of a sofa.
- FIXED – Smoke grenades will sometimes bounce off of invisible collision when thrown by Terrorists.
- FIXED – Some Terrorists remain idle and do no attempt to engage with the players.
- FIXED – Terrorists are stuck while rappelling during the second wave of Attackers while playing Hostage Protection on University
- Secure Area
- FIXED – While contesting an area, the overtime countdown is not synced for all players.
- FIXED – Jaeger’s Trophy System will sometimes be missing audio/visual effects.
- FIXED – EDD will be destroyed when placed on the right side of the door in the Passport Check room [Border] if Bandit places an electrified reinforced wall on the right wall.
- FIXED – Tachanka suffers from a broken weapon animation when his LMG is destroyed by Sledge’s Breaching Hammer.
- FIXED – The ammunition count for the LMG is reset when it is redeployed.
- FIXED – Yokai drone can pass through the ceiling on Plane.
- FIXED – Yokai loses signal in the vent between 2F Model Hallway and 2F Vista Hallway on University.
- FIXED – If the Yokai drone is picked up while hovering, the Terrorists will attempt to fire on the drone’s former position.
- FIXED – X-KAIROS pellets will destroy gadgets on the opposite side of the wall from where they land.
- FIXED – Breaching rounds can destroy gadgets on the other side of the wall from where they land.
- FIXED – A Black Eye camera is still usable for approximately 10 seconds after being picked up.
- FIXED – The outline and distance of other gadgets cannot be seen on IQ’s gadget while she is prone.
- FIXED – Sledge’s Breaching Hammer can be used to breach walls from behind Montagne’s extended shield.
- FIXED – Green effects are not appearing for players being killed.
- FIXED – Ladders disappear when looking at them from a certain height.
- FIXED – Players are able to shoot through door frames attached to indestructible walls.
- FIXED – Defuser can be disabled by destroying the tiled floor in Piano Room.
- FIXED – Wooden beams in 2F Classroom do not stop bullets, or show bullet impacts.
- FIXED – Light sources are glowing too brightly.
- FIXED – It is possible to vault over a railing and hide under Green Room stairs.
- FIXED – The carpet in 2F Meeting Room is visible on the Spectator Camera from the floor below.
- FIXED – It is possible to clip through and hide under Main Stairs in the Restaurant.
- FIXED – Hostage clips through the adjacent bed.
- FIXED – Users are able to clip through a specific wall while using a deployable shield.
- FIXED – Bullet impacts are not registering on walls properly.
- FIXED – It is possible to vault through the slot machine wall in 3F Casino.
- FIXED – The compass does not move while operating Tachanka’s LMG.
- FIXED – Using Alt + Enter during the Operator Select would allow players to change Operators during loading.
- FIXED – Corrupted melee animation while running on stairs.
- FIXED – Level of detail issue on various headgear.
- FIXED – Level of detail issue on Sledge, Capitao, and Caveira when moving away from these Operators.
- FIXED – Ubisoft Club challenges would appear as available, even though they were not.
- FIXED – Chinese writing overlaps at the start of rounds.
- FIXED – Players are sometimes not awarded XP and Bonus Renown.
- FIXED – After completing a Terrorist Hunt match, some players are stuck at an infinite loading screen.