The technical specifications page for Nintendo Switch has been updated, and while most of what’s listed is known already, you’ll want to go over the list anyway if you plan on purchasing one.
However, as Nintendo Life notes, there are two stand outs mentioned on the page: Wireless LAN support and battery replacement. Since the console doesn’t include an Ethernet port, a wired LAN accessory will need to be purchased. As far as the battery, users will need to contact Nintendo Customer Service to have it replaced, which is similar Apple and Samsung tablet support.
- Size: 102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached) – 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protrusions.
- Weight: Approx. 297g (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 398g)
- Screen: Capacitive touch screen / 6.2 inch LCD / 1280×720 resolution
- CPU/GPU: NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
- System memory: 32 GB a portion of internal memory is reserved for use by the system. (expandable memory support up to 2TB)
- Communication features: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 (TV mode only. A wired LAN connection is possible through the use of a commercially available wired LAN adapter.)
- Video output: Maximum resolution: 1920×1080, 60 fps – output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In tabletop mode and handheld mode, the maximum resolution is 1280×720, which matches the screen resolution.
- Audio output: Supports linear PCM 5.1ch – output via HDMI cable in TV mode.
- Speakers: Stereo
- USB terminal: USB Type-C terminal – used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Headphone mic. jack: Stereo output
- Game card slot: Exclusively for Nintendo Switch game cards.
- microSD card slot: Compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards – an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
- Sensors: Accelerometer/gyroscope/brightness sensor
- Operating environment: Temperature: 5 – 35°C / Humidity: 20 – 80%
- Internal battery: Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 4310mAh – if the battery needs to be replaced, Nintendo plans to offer paid replacement via Nintendo Customer Support.
- Battery life: More than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge.
- Charging time: 3 hours approx (while the console is in sleep mode.)
Nintendo Switch launches on March 3.