Heroes of the Storm has nasty new assassin just waiting to ruin your day.
Heroes of the Storm fans have known for a while that Zul’jin was the next hero to join the Nexus, but Blizzard has now provided a good look at the troll warlord with a character spotlight video.
Here’s a bit of backstory on him from Blizzard:
“Before the elves and their Alliance, the forests of Lordaeron belonged to the trolls of the Amani empire. As their warlord, Zul’jin has united the tribes into an army that stands ready to take back what is theirs and to slay the elves who stole it from them. Ever keen to hone his skill and sharpen his deadly axes, Zul’jin now joins us as the newest ranged assassin Hero to enter the Nexus.”
Zul’jin is an aggressive ranged assassin, described as strong solo laner who also works very well with characters who can shield or heal him.
His Berserker trait has both an active and passive form. The passive form gives the troll warlord greater attack speed as his health goes down, while the active form increases damage but drains health. You can toggle between these at will.
Here are Zul’jin’s basic attacks:
- Grievous Throw: axe throw damaging the first two targets it hits, marking them with increased damage from Zul’jin’s next three basic attacks or until expiration
- Twin Cleave: double axe throw in a circular arc which returns. Any hit enemies take damage and are slowed. Slowing attack stack.
- Regeneration: regenerates significant health, but interrupted by taking damage or moving.
And here are his heroic options:
- Taz’dingo: prevents death until effect expires.
- Guillotine: heavy ranged area of effect damage which becomes more powerful as Zul’jin’s health lowers.