The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ has finally been given a release date for Steam.
According to a post on the game’s blog, the developers said the first week of release that those who already own Afterbirth can pick Afterbirth+ for $6.99 instead of the standard expansion price of $9.99.
Here’s a list of features:
- Full access to mod tools ( so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design.. )
- 67 new items, 27 new trinkets and 10+ new pickups! (hows that for specific huh!?)
- A new final chapter
- A new final boss
- A new playable character
- A new “greedier” greed mode
- A shit ton of new achievements (62 to be exact)
- Five achievement “challenges”
- 100s of new rooms (tons of new ultra rare rooms )
- New victory lap feature (allows the game to continue when finished)
- Bestiary (enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
- Five new challenges
- Two new transformations
- Small monthly content updates (every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges – who knows… we may also toss a few of our own modded designs in if you are good)
- Four+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
- A handful of new enemies, features and new champion forms!
- ZNew cut scenes and music tracks!
- Other stuff
Nicalis noted this is a “slightly smaller Afterbirth expansion,” but it since it comes with mod tools, these can “potentially make it 20 times larger.”
If that weren’t enough, it seems the game “may” be coming to Switch if this theory regarding a set of tweets from Nicalis co-founder Tyrone Rodriguez are any indication (thanks, Nintendo Everything). It looks that way, but you be the judge.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ will be released on Steam January 3, and will arrive on consoles in spring 2017.