Upgrade your living room TV, get a new one for the games room, or bag a slick little screen for the bedroom. Treat yourself. Spend to save.
It’s probably time you upgraded your TV, right? Get a nice big one for a night in at the movies, a sweet little number for Netflix in the bedroom, or just a better screen for your excessive hours of gaming. We’ve got you covered with all the best Black Friday 2016 deals below. This list will be updated throughout the sales period, so keep checking back if you’re in the market for a new screen this year.
As a reminder, Black Friday takes place this year November 25 2016, but retailers will be offering deals in the week during and on to the following Monday, November 28.
Here you’ll find the best Black Friday TV deals updated throughout the buying season. We’ll scour the biggest stores for the cheapest deals, whether that’s cutting the prices on high-end sets or grabbing an absolute can’t-leave-it-for-that-price bargain.
Best Black Friday 2016 TV deals
We’ll list all the best Black Friday TV deals we can find right here, and update the page throughout the buying bonanza. Although there are four main TV manufacturers to consider, never dismiss the smaller brands.
In the meantime, we recommend keeping an eye on these retailers to asee what TV deals they currently have on offer.
Amazon has decent selection of 40-inch to 60-inch LED’s on offer:
- Sharp LC-43N7000U 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) $469.90
- LG Electronics 65UH6150 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) $1097.00
- Samsung UN40KU6300 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) $347.99
- Samsung UN55KU6600 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) $747.99
- Samsung UN70KU6300 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $1297.99
Best Buy, Newegg, Target and Walmart also have some Black Friday specials:
- 65 inch LG Curved 4K OLED TV with $130 gift card – $2,799.00 (NewEgg)
- LG OLED55C6P 55-Inch 2160p 4K TV – $1,799.00 (NewEgg)
- Samsung – 55″ Class (54.6″ Diag.) – LED – 2160p – Smart – 4K Ultra HD TV – $479.99 (BestBuy)
- LG – 43″ Class (42.5″ Diag.) – LED – 2160p – Smart – 4K Ultra HD TV – $299.99 (BestBuy)
- LG – 65″ Class (64.5″ Diag.) – LED – 2160p – Smart – 4K Ultra HD TV – $799.99 (BestBuy)
- LG – 60″ Class (59.5″ Diag.) – LED – 2160p – Smart – 4K Ultra HD TV – Black – $599.99
- Samsung UN40KU6290 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) – $299.99 (NewEgg)
- Samsung 40″ 4K HDTV with Xbox One S 1TB Gears of War & Your Choice of Movie & Extra Third Party Controller – $596.95 (Walmart)
- SAMSUNG 60″ 6300 Series – 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $697.99 (Walmart)
- LG Electronics 49UH6030 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $399.99 (NewEgg)
- LG 65in Class Flat Panel TV 2160p 120 Hz – $799.99 (Target)
- Samsung 55” Class 2160p 4K Smart UHD TV – $547.99 (Target)
- SAMSUNG 50″ 6300 Series – 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – $477.99 (Walmart)
- Vizio SmartCast 50 inch 4K TV with built-in Chromecast – $398 (Walmart)
- electriQ 49″ 4K Ultra HD LED TV with Freeview HD USB Media Player and PVR – £299.97 (Appliances Direct)
- electriQ 55″ 4K Ultra HD LED TV with Freeview HD – £377.00 (Appliances Direct)
- Philips 49PUS6561/12 49″ 4K Ambilight Android TV – £529.99 (CostCo)
- SONY BRAVIA KD49XD8305BU Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR 49″ LED TV – £699.00 (Currys)
- Hisense 55 inch HDR Widescreen 4K Smart LED TV with Freeview HD – Silver – £649.99 (Amazon)
- Sony Bravia 65-Inch Android 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV (2016 Model) – £1,149.00 (Amazon)
- SAMSUNG UE70KU6000 Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR 70″ LED TV – £1,399.00 (Currys)
- LG 55UH605V 55 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV – £599.00 (Amazon)
- Sony Bravia KD49XD7004BU 49-Inch Android 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV – £550.00 (Amazon)
- LG 49UH610V 49 Inch Ultra HD 4K Web OS Smart LED TV – £419.00 (Argos)
- LG 65UH770V 65 Inch Super UHD 4K Smart LED TV – £1,549.00 (Argos)
- Samsung UE49KU6500 Curved HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 49″ with Freeview HD/Freesat HD, Playstation Now – £649.00 (John Lewis)
- Panasonic TX-50DX700B 50-inch 1400 Hz 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – £669.00 (Amazon UK)
- LG 70UF772V Smart 4K Ultra HD 70 Inch TV – £2,475.00 (Amazon UK)
- Samsung KU6020 40″ Ultra HD 4K Smart TV – £339.99 (Ebuyer)
- Sony Bravia 65-Inch Android 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV (2016 Model) – £1,299.00 (Amazon UK)
- Panasonic TX-40DX600B 40-Inch 800 Hz 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – £429 (Amazon UK)
- LG 49UF675V Ultra HD 4K 49 Inch TV – £515 (Amazon UK)
- SAMSUNG UE50KU6020 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 50″ LED TV – £449 (Curry’s)
- LG 43UH603V 43 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV WebOS, 2016 Model – Black – £399 (33% off, Amazon UK)
How to buy the best TV
What exactly are you buying and what does all the jargon you see surrounding new TVs actually mean? Let’s break it down.
- HD Ready: These TVs can handle HD TV broadcasts and are cheaper than Full HD sets.
- Full HD: With these you can watch HD TV shows and also the best way to view Blu-ray movies.
- 4K or Ultra HD (UHD): 4K TVs have four times the resolution of Full HD screen, so will display more vibrant, clearer pictures. 4K TV is likely to become standard in the coming years and so is your best option if you want to “future proof” your purchase. Remember the new PlayStation Neo and Xbox One Scorpio are being built with 4K resolution in mind.
- Curved screen: It’s highly debatable that curved screen TVs are “better”. The idea is it “wraps” what you’re viewing around you, so you’ll need to sit bang in the middle to see this marginal difference. We don’t think a curved screen should be a major factor in buying a new TV.
What size TV should I buy?
The size of your TV screen depends on your own personal preference, but there’s no point paying for a massive screen if you’re only 1.5 meters away from it. Here’s a rough guide to screen size and the distance you should be at for optimum viewing.
- 1.2m – 1.8m (4ft – 6ft) – 17-27 inch TV
- 1.8m – 2.8m (6ft – 9ft) – 27-40 inch TV
- 2.8m – 3.5m (9ft – 11ft) – 40-47 inch TV
- 3.5m – 4.3m (11ft – 14ft) – 47-56 inch TV
- 4.3m and more (14ft) – 56 inch TV and higher
Which is the best TV brand?
Samsung and LG are the two biggest manufacturers and offer plenty of variety in screen size, features and price. Sony and Panasonic are also big names to consider, but also keep an eye out for Toshiba, Sharp and Philips. Be careful of own-brand TVs from some of the bigger supermarkets. The have low prices but quality isn’t great compared to the bigger names.
Looking for more than just great Xbox One deals? Our sister site Jelly Deals’ Best Black Friday Deals has everything from tech to toasters.
And why not check out our Best Xbox One Black Friday deals post for all the latest Xbox One deals.
In the market for PS4 deals? Here’s our Best PS4 Black Friday deals for all the latest offers.