Titanfall 2 DLC will be free, but if you want to give Respawn some extra money, that door will soon be open to you.
Titanfall 2 developer Respawn has outlined the first of its planned DLC releases, all of which will be free.
Called Angel City’s Most Wanted, the DLC releases on November 30 and adds the following content to Titanfall 2:
- Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Refraction Lens – Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth – Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics – Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader – Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment – Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex – When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
- Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces – Phase into an unsuspecting victim
- Stats screen
- FAQ menu
- In-game store
The new Angel City Map won’t unlock for general Titanfall 2 players until December 3, but anyone who pre-ordered will be able to get in on the action as soon as the contennt update rolles out.
You’ll notice that one of the additions is an in-game store; this is where Titanfall 2’s premium add-ons come into play. According to the Titanfall blog, the in-game store will offer strictly cosmetic items – and there’ll be no loot crate nonsense.
“We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it,” Respawn wrote.
“These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.”
Respawn said this first content update “is just the beginning” of its plans for Titanfall 2. In 2017, it expects to offer “more drops that will differ in size and scope” including more free maps, modes and weapons.
As for the rest of 2016, Respawn plans to introduce game mode twists to Titanfall 2, host double XP weekends, highlight top Networks (clans) and run several giveaways across its social channels.