Some last-minute improvements and additions are coming to Final Fantasy 15 on day one.
Dubbed the Crown update, the patch brings a number of improvements to gameplay and story. The publisher said it’s the result of additional development time between going gold and launch.
The biggest addition has to be the new cut-scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15, the CGI film released recently. Footage from that as well as the Omen trailer have been added to the game to give more content to the story of the game’s universe and make it easier to follow for those new to the series.
Here’s everything included, courtesy of Eurogamer).
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 and the Omen trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the Final Fantasy 15 universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battl
Game director Hajime Tabata also released a statement about the spoilers currently available online, thanks to retailers breaking street date in some countries. Tabata apologised for the leak, and asked everyone to stay vigilant.
If you missed it, a new trailer was released earlier today for the game. It serves as a good primer into the world and mechanics of Final Fantasy 15, particularly if you’re a newcomer.
The update will be released on launch day, but there’s no word on how big it is just yet. Final Fantasy 15 is out November 29 on PS4, and Xbox One.