What’s probably going to be the last patch of the year for Rainbow Six Siege, is dropping later today.
Ubisoft previously announced that Rainbow Six Siege‘s Operation Red Crow would release alongside a big patch today. The publisher has now revealed exact launch times, and the full patch change log.
First of all, the update will be available following a four-hour maintenance. Maintenance starts at 9am EST/ 6am PT / 2pm GMT on all platforms.
The biggest and most obvious additions are the two new operators, and the new Japan map. The map will be available to all for free right away, but the operators have a seven-day exclusivity period for season pass holders. Outside of that, the update also brings five Red Crow signature skins.
This patch introduces a new customisation series called The Elite, which are complete sets that change the look of operators. They include matching uniform and headgear, operator card, charm, name, as well as a signature victory animation. The first operators to get Elite skins will be Kapkan, Sledge, and Thermite.
Feature-wise, the long awaited calibre-based destruction system has been introduced. Now, the amount of destruction you cause to walls will depend on the calibre of your bullet.
The developers have also made a big change to weapon balance. Shots that hit the arms will now have 1x damage multiplier instead of 0.75x. The damage multiplier for neck shots is now equivalent to headshots, too, meaning if your shot lands in the neck, it would count as a headshot and do the same damage. Shotguns have had their headshot multiplier lowered from 1.5x to 1x.
Round timers are also changing for ranked play, bringing them down to three minutes compared to four minutes previously (current casual).
The official blog post goes into a bit more detail on balance changes for individual weapons, operators, and maps, but we’re going to list the major patch notes below.
- FIXED – Invulnerable state after an Operator is DBNO is too long.
- FIXED – It is possible to become invisible, or appear as an Operator on the enemy team.
- FIXED – Nitro Cell does not cause damage if placed on a metal beam.
- FIXED – PMM Makarov does not have as many spare magazines as intended.
- FIXED – Impact grenades do not properly destroy both sides of some walls.
- FIXED – Additional negative points are not granted when killing a DBNO teammate.
- FIXED – Operators are not holding their sidearms properly.
- FIXED – Rubber banding has been occurring when moving through breached walls.
- FIXED – Shield Operators are able to clip through destructible walls and barricades.
- FIXED – Players are not informed of the status of their Renown penalty after abandoning a match.
- FIXED – Physics on the destruction of photo frames/paintings on walls are not aligned.
- FIXED – Throwing back grenades has a skewed trajectory.
- FIXED – Wood debris gets stuck on the edges of destructible surfaces.
Game mode fixes
- FIXED – Players are not able to plant the defuser after passing from “2F Cash Room” to “2F CCTV Room” by breaching the destructible wall.
- FIXED – Attackers that plant the defuser on a reinforced trap door/hatch will lose if the hatch is destroyed.
- FIXED – Players sometimes stop securing/defending the objective when they hit the ground after falling.
- FIXED – When the point is contested and nearly complete, if a Defender kills the final Attacker, the Attackers win.
- FIXED – The Hostage is able to be grabbed through a wall that is not large enough to be vaulted through.
- FIXED – Players earn “Dedicated Operator” experience when they kill the hostage or themselves.
- FIXED – The “All Bombs are defused” message is displayed when only one Bomb has been defused.
User experience fixes
- FIXED – German Flag charm is mirrored.
- FIXED – Operator models become black when HBAO+ is turned on.
- FIXED – Claymores do not render when a player is too far away.
- FIXED – The word “Server” was not properly localized for all languages.
- FIXED – Hovering over and clicking on a “Searching for Player” slot in matchmaking will display your profile picture with another player’s Win/Loss and Kill/Death.
- FIXED – Support Mode text overlaps the vote kick messages in the top left corner of the HUD.
- FIXED – Text chat displays the enemy team’s chat when in the lobby/loading screen.
- FIXED – Infinite loading screen occurs after switching profiles with a profile not linked to the Ubisoft Club app.