PC players can hop onto the public test servers to try out the next planned update.
— The Division (@TheDivisionGame) November 7, 2016
The Division‘s Survival PTS will be accessible for all PC players today, and they’ll be able to play PvE and PvP Survival as well as getting a look at the changes coming with update 1.5.
The second expansion essentially transforms the game into a survival sim with players scavenging in the midst of a blizzard trying their best not to die.
The plan to run another test server before the DLC release was announced last week.
The Survival content is restricted to those with a season pass, but if you bought yours later than Thursday November 3, you’re out of luck and won’t be able to access the PTS.
- 2 game modes PvP Survival OR PvE Survival – Groups can meet on the map and help each other but not kill each other in PvE mode
- 24 players on the LZ map
- WHEN YOU DIE ==> GAME OVER! (you can be revived from the downed state)
- hunger, cold mechanics
- you are sick and need to extract yourself
- you start with a pistol only and with no / bad gear
- clothings have a ‘cold’ rating that protect from the blizzard
- crafting plays an important role
- there are ‘hideouts’ – like apartments (those are not safe house)
- there are crafting benches in the hideouts
- you need to build a new mask / virus filter when you want to enter the DZ / contaminated zones
- on the borders of the map the enemies are weaker and get stronger when you move closer to the center of the map
- No need to be L30 to play Survival – Just need access to the BoO
- No link to World Tier – every player plays as the same difficulty level (you start with a simple green pistol) and work your way up
Apparently update 1.5 will introduce a new World Tier, named weapons, gear sets and more, but we’ll have to sit tight and wait for the patch notes.