For the second year in a row, Destiny’s Festival of the Lost has kicked off.
Bungie previously announced that Festival of the Lost, Destiny‘s version of Halloween, will go live today. We weren’t sure if the event is starting alongside today’s reset, or if it’s kicking off later.
We now have our answer, as Festival of the Lost has indeed gone live with the reset. You will notice the game’s social spaces are all adorned with festival-appropriate colours, and Crucible matches are taking place at night.
This year’s Festival of the Lost brings a number of of very cool masks and weapon Ornaments, and it’ll go on until November 8. You should speak to Tyra Karn at the Iron Temple when you log in.
We’ll be bringing you more news from the festival as we spend some more time with it. Until then, here’s the patch notes for the event:
- Visit Eva Levante in the Tower to Trick or Treat and earn paper Masks
- Visit Tyra Karn in the Iron Temple to assist with a task
- Trials of Osiris has become a bit spookier during Festival of the Lost
The following sources can yield a unique Festival of the Lost vanity item:
- Trials of Osiris
- Crucible Matches
- Strike Hoards
- The Tower, Reef, and Iron Temple have been decorated in honor of Festival of the Lost
- Festive music has been added in social spaces
- Treasures of the Lost is now available and contains new Masks, Bad Juju Ornaments, a Sparrow, Ghost Shells, and Consumables
- Once Festival of the Lost ends, the Bad Juju Ornaments will be added to Radiant Treasures
- Last year’s Festival exclusive Emotes Monster Dance, Zombie Dance, and Boo, have returned to Eververse
- Two new limited Emotes are available: Terrify and Howl
- Eva Levante will stop selling Emblems during Festival of the Lost in order to provide players with special Festival items
- After Festival of the Lost, her normal Emblem inventory will return