The Superblack Shader has been floating around in the Destiny database since Year One, and folks have been trying to figure out how to acquire it. Wonder no more. It’s now available through the Festival of the Lost event and it revolves around raisins and other treats.
Quit note: if you deleted the raisins you previously had in your inventory, don’t fret.
According to Arekkz, the Superblack Shader can be yours by trading candy to NPCs around the Tower. Once completed, players will receive a guaranteed drop, which is a bag containing the Shader… and a stick of celery. Its purpose is not known at present, but it’s speculated to be Xur related.
Anyway, here’s how you’ll earn the Superblack Shader per the video above:
- Start the Festival of the Lost quest chain by visiting Eva Levante in the Tower.
- She will instruct you to visit various NPCs in the Tower to earn candy.
- Go visit Eris Morn first and she will hand you raisins.
- Take your raisins to the Speaker, hand them over along with 25 motes of Light.
- You will them be handed a small box containing Ascendant Raisins.
- Take these to Commander Zavala who is located in the Vanguard war room.
- He will trade you the raisins for a Salted Sweet.
- Then go visit the Cryptarch, hand him the Salted Sweet and he will give you a Winged Chew.
- Take the Winged Chew to the Shipwright, give it to her, and you will acquire Spliced Drops.
- Go back to the Vanguard war room, hand the drops to the Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6.
- Take the Unchocolate Cayde-6 gives you for the Spliced Drops to Eris Morn who hands over a Bag of Treats.
- Open the bag and you will find two items: the Superblack Shader and the celery.
And that’s it. The fetch quest has ended, and you got something cool for all the running around.
Arekkz says to hang on to the celery just in case it’s needed for trade or a quest. It could be nothing, but again, it could be Xur related.
The Festival of the Lost is now live in Destiny: Rise of Iron and runs through November 8.