Blizzard is experimenting with some big changes to Overwatch’s characters, and the first of these are available now in the PTR.
Overwatch developer Blizzard revealed recently that it wants to make big changes to hero balance. These so called experimental changes may not make it into the live game, but the studio said public test region (PTR) players would start seeing them soon.
Well, the first of batch has already hit, and it includes adjustments to D.Va, Soldier: 76, Ana, Mei, Lucio, Zarya, and even Torbjörn. We’ll list them all below, but there are two other big changes that affect all heroes Blizzard also mentioned.
First, dealing damage to non-players, such as turrets and teleporters, will no longer charge your ultimate. In addition, ultimate costs have been increased across the board by 25 percent.
You can find the full list of changes below:
- Mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400
- Movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%
- Pulse Rifle:
- Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
- Maximum bullet spread Increased from 2.2 to 2.4
- Nano Boost: No longer increases move speed
- Blizzard: Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%
- Amp It Up: Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%
- Particle Barrier: Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
- Projected Barrier: Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
- Scrap is now automatically generated over time
- The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
- Forge Hammer:
- Swing speed increased by 25%
- Damage decreased by 27%