Assuming you’re going to buy each player individually, you could end up spending a lot of money to build up this killer team in FIFA 17’s Ultimate Team.
Ultimate Team returns in FIFA 17, and is predictably well-received by the community, and easily ignored by millions of other casual FIFA players who don’t really get what it’s about.
Ultimate Team is a mode in which you get to build your own team, play matches, and earn coins to spend on better players, and eventually, better teams. You get players in card packs, and you can sell or destroy cards you don’t want. There’s a number of factors that govern how players work together, chief among them is Chemistry.
Choosing players who belong to the same nation is one way to boost this stat, and thus overall performance. You don’t know what you’re going to get in these card packs, though, so going for specific players means you have to hit the in-game transfer markets.
The top players are rare, and thus, very expensive. Unless you’ve amassed an enormous amount of in-game coins, you’re going to need to spend real-world money to get each one. Which is exactly what GamesRadar+ did in order to find out just how expensive building a team of the best players would cost in real money.
There’s a heavy focus on Spanish nationals to boost the all-important Chemistry stat. In the report, the site estimates the value of a single in-game coin to be £0.00015219047. The specific figure is based on the price of seven packs of gold cards, which cost 7,500 coins each, for a total of 52,500 – or £7.99. This was done in the PS4 version of the game, based on average player transfer values at the time.
Here’s what each member of this top squad cost, using in-game currency and the equivalent in real-world money:
- GK: David De Gea (Manchester United, 90) – 129,000 / £19.63
- RB: Sergi Roberto (Barcelona, 83) – 18,500 / £2.82
- CB: Gerard Pique (Barcelona, 86) – 18,750 / £2.85
- CB: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid, 89) – 141,000 / £21.46
- LB: Marcelo (Real Madrid, 86) – 38,750 / £5.89
- CM: Ivan Rakitic (Barcelona, 87) – 45,000 / £6.85
- CM: Andres Iniesta (Barcelona, 88) – 69,000 / £10.50
- CM: Luka Modric (Real Madrid, 89) – 94,000 / £14.30
- RW: Lionel Messi (Barcelona, 93) – 940,000 / £143.06
- ST: Luis Suarez (Barcelona, 92) – 548,000 / £83.40
- LW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid, 94) – 1,300,000 / £197.85
This is a total of £508.31 in real-world cash. Now, all that’s left to do is for you to win back that money by trouncing every player you meet online.