Destiny: Rise of Iron is out now. But how do you get started?
Got Destiny: Rise of Iron? Good. Let’s get in there, shall we?
- First, purchase the expansion. If you pre-ordered from a retailer and are yet to receive a code, check your spam folders carefully and then get on the phone first thing in the morning.
- The expansion was pre-loaded for all Destiny: The Taken King players on PS4 and Xbox One, so there’s no download at launch – but you’ll need to have all the latest patches installed, including today’s hotifx. If you have any trouble, check our guide to downloading and installing the Destiny 1.28 update.
- If you’ve done all that and your game is prepped and good to go:
- Predictably, the servers are getting absolutely hammered right now, so you’ll probably be stuck at the sign-in screen for a while. Keep trying!
- If you have been logged into Destiny continuously today, return to Orbit now that the expansion is live to trigger it.
- You need to be level 40 to begin the Rise of Iron campaign, which you’ll have to at least start to access most of the expansion’s content. Just look for the quest marker in the Navigator – the mission you want is at Felwinter Peak on Earth, and is called King of the Mountain.
Hope this helps you get started with Destiny: Rise of Iron. See you on the mountain.