How to become a pyromaniac, tank killer or walking tank.
Battlefield 1’s open beta is currently going on, with plenty of people getting their first taste of DICE’s take on World War 1. Quite a bit is different this time around, though – so you may want a primer or two. We’re here to help.
Westie is one of those that’s got in on the beta a little earlier than everyone else, and he’s used at least a little of that time figuring out the ins-and-outs of combat on horseback.
For the record, Westie worked with Battlefield 1 publisher EA at Gamescom earlier in the month, and this tips video is sponsored by EA – so keep that in mind. These are tips, though, and not opinion on the quality of the game. Here’s the info you need to know about the elite classes that crop up in the beta:
- Elite Classes are essentially Battlefield 1’s take on pick-ups from Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline. Each fills a specific roll but is very powerful at its designated job.
- There’s three available in the beta: Flame trooper, Sentry and Tank Hunter.
- These drops are placed at certain specific points on the map and are dished out on a first-come, first-served basis. If you pick up an elite class, nobody else in the match can use that elite class, though one of each of the three can be in the game at any given time.
- The Sentry Elite Class is near the F capture point. Its spawn point will be marked on your map. He has a massive machine gun and very heavy armour plating. He can spray death quicker than anybody else, but can’t aim down sights and can’t equip a gas mask.
- The Tank Hunter Elite Class is out in the middle of the desert near the E capture point. He uses the anti-tank rifle. This is slow firing and can be used on weaker vehicles or infantry but is really for taking down heavy armour from a distance. The lighter the vehicle, the easier they are to take down. The gun can only be fired when mounted behind cover or when in prone, meaning this is a more static class.
- The Flame Trooper Elite Class is found near the B capture point near a half-destroyed building. This class has a flamethrower and incendiary grenades, making him lethal against infantry. However, his vision is impaired by a gas mask but is also more potentially vulnerable. He’s bloody deadly up close, though.
Battlefield 1: Sinai Desert Elite Class Locations & Tips: Sentry, Tank Hunter & Flame Trooper
Battlefield 1 releases in October for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Its open beta is going on right now.