Round two of the Titanfall 2 technical test kicks off later today, and it’s bringing a few changes.
The second part of the Titanfall 2 technical test starts today at 9am PT/ 12pm ET/ 5pm BST/ 6pm CEST, and developer Respawn has outlined the additions made based on fan feedback.
Following yesterday’s big blog post about fan concerns and what will won’t be changed in the final game, the developer has today released a small patch to the technical test client.
The time to kill has been increased, by reducing the rate at which players got Amped Weapons, and adding a damage falloff at extreme distances for Charge Rifles. Cloaked players will now be slightly more visible, to make it a bit harder to sneak up on enemies and finish them quickly.
More per-weapon balance changes will be made, but we’ll be seeing the result of that in the final game. The patch also adds a new map Forwardbase Kodai and ups the level cap.
The ‘Invite Friends’ is still broken, as a fix couldn’t make it out in time for the patch’s release.
See the rest of the changes below:
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds. (This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.)
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
Finally, a special callsign will be given to anyone who participates in the Amped Happy Hour this Saturday, which essentially means you need to play between 9-10am PT/ 6-7pm CEST on Saturday, or 4-5pm PT/ 1-2am CEST (Sunday).