The upcoming Rainbow Six Siege patch has been detailed, and it takes back some of the advantage Pulse had since the previous one.
Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new patch this week. 4.1 will be available on all platforms tomorrow, August 25.
Ubisoft detailed the key points the patch is going to address. Following the buff Pulse received in the previous patch, the developer has now adjusted his main gadget once again to make swapping from it take longer. The detection range, too, has been reduced from 13m to 9m.
The other main balance change in the patch brings a nerf to long-range effectiveness of semi-auto shotguns. Short range and medium range raw damage will be reduced by 25-30 percent. Pellets will also be released at a wide angle, for both hipfire and ADS.
“Our intention is to make semi-automatic shotguns carry out incredible damage at short range, but lessen their impact significantly from medium to long range,” the blog post reads.
“The damage falloff from the original damage output will now be more noticeable. At longer ranges, the accuracy of the shots will also be harder to predict with precision, as players will have less gradually less control the further away they are from their target.” You can see a breakdown of the changes in the tables below.
The UI has received a slight update, to make he “X” marker on dead players’ icons more visible. The icons themselves have also been made more transparent. Find the rest of the main fixes below, and see the link above for map and operator-specific changes.
- Shield Operators movement speed is slower than intended. [They are now back to Season 2 speeds]
- When the middle beam of a trap door is destroyed, it can no longer be reinforced.
- When a player falls while rappelling and then climbs a ladder, they will float in the air.
- Some users found an exploit that would allow them to see through walls.
- Some Pistols have double the intended amount of recoil when fired while ADS and then switching to hip fire.
- If two Defenders are outside and one of them goes back inside, the “You are detected” message will disappear.
- The angled grip is not providing the proper benefit.
- A destructible wall can become invulnerable if the Attacker is killed while detonating a second Breaching Charge.
- Players are able to shoot through barricades without causing damage to the barricade.
- Enemy names can be seen through barricades.
- A model error occurs behind players that equip a Nitro Cell.
Player experience fixes
- Several game crashes were occurring more frequently since Season 3.
- Some users receive error code [0-0x00001001] during Step 3 of matchmaking.
- BattlEye service does not automatically start upon the first launch for Steam users.
- Missing a blending animation when vaulting over an object while ADS.
- When holding the SMG-11 or FMG-9 next to a wall, Operator’s arms would overlap inside of their body.
- Slow-motion replay of victims always show a glitchy entity position when an Operator enters a ragdoll state and fall to the ground.
- Players killed while in a DBNO state will sometimes have their bodies flipped 180°.
- Some weapon skins are not properly applied to the Para-308.
- Capitao’s Iron Mask headgear is not unlocking after purchasing.
- Several charms either appear offset, or do not appear on weapons or shields when viewed from 3rd person.
- Delay in the receipt of weapon charms after completing some challenges.
- Coffee cup charm has no collision with several weapons.
- Assassin’s Creed charm is offset.
- Attacker/Defender Chibi charm bundle is missing from the shop
- The MVP screen is zoomed in if the player that lands the final kill is ADS.
- Win/Loss and Kill/Death ratio is not displayed in the main menu.
- Vertical grip attachment text overlaps with its icon in some languages.
- Remaining matches for Season Rank Placement does not update in real time.
- The text describing the game mode overlaps with the user icons in some languages.
- In Spanish, Czech, Russian, and Latin American clients, the Switch View button overlaps Rotate.
- Debug text can be noticed while trying to pick up Deployable Shield or Barricade a window.
- Message displaying “Hold [Interact_button] To Drop the Defuser”.
- A persistent arrow remains next to the Operator Icon after being revived from a DBNO state.
- Navigation icons with D-Pad from the scoreboards are confusing.
- HUD elements remain above an Operator’s head while they are being interrogated by Caveira.
- When switching players while spectating, Caveira switches from Stealth to a normal stance
- Inconsistencies between the formatting of the text for certain bundles.
- Union Jack bundle and Engraved bundle have the same name.
- The Capacity of the SASG-12 Shotgun is listed as 8.
- Uplay opens in full screen when attempting to redeem a locked Reward.
- Ops Icon Charm Bundle does not fit the text area in Japanese.
- Circle button is shown instead of Right Thumbstick on all tool tips in Japanese.
- Secondary weapons have a slot for charms in the loadout customization menu.
- There is no background music on the Operator selection menu, or on the main menu.
- System notification isn’t shown when creating or accepting an invitation to a local game lobby while Multiplayer privilege is set to Blocked.
- User remains in infinite loading upon switching profiles.
- The R6 Credits Expired pop up is displayed after every log in.
- Club Challenges overlay is missing on the Russian client.