Why wait for the Battlefield 1 reveal when you could get excited right now?
Battlefield 1 is due for a blow out at gamescom, but if you’re eager for detail there’s no need to wait; there’s lots to unpack in the new trailer. Westie has an eagle-eye for detail, and he sees things most of us might have overlooked.
(Just to let you know, Westie is working with Battlefield 1 publisher EA at gamescom 2016. I don’t think this video is part of that arrangement, but better to over-declare than under, right?)
Here are the highlights – although there’s much more to see in the Battlefield 1 gamescom trailer, so do watch the video above for Westie’s full analysis.
- Cavalry units will be able to switch between weapons in Battlefield 1 – possibly including anti-tank grenades.
- There’s some sort of heavy unit in Battlefield 1, with a little bit forgivable creativity regarding weapons.
- The Borchardt C-93 is present in Battlefield 1.
- Environments are destructible, with some intense smoke and dust effects as a result.
- There’s a level with an armoured train that can shoot planes out of the sky.
- Dynamic weather is going to be awesome in Battlefield 1.
- There were some pretty interesting armoured vehicles getting about.
Battlefield 1 releases in October for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and certainly doesn’t seem to be doing too badly in the hype department leading up to that.
Stay tuned this week for all the details as they emerge from Battlefield 1’s gamescom showing.