Rocket League, the game that keeps on giving, is getting another substantial free update in September.
Rocket League Rumble, detailed in the trailer above and on the game’s official website, was unveiled during the final day of the Rocket League Championship Series Live Finals.
The new mode adds eleven power-ups:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
These will, of course, change the way the game is played substantially. Rumble will be its own playlist, and will be available online or in private exhibition matches.
Rocket League is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.