The Division 1.3 delivers big changes even if you don’t buy into the Underground DLC. Here’s what to expect.
When The Division update releases for PC and Xbox One today, it will of course add support for the first major DLC drop, Underground. But there’s a lot more going on than that in The Division 1.3 patch notes.
The full text post is a bit overwhelming and I don’t blame you if your eyes glaze over after viewing it. Luckily, The Division expert Arekkz has broken down the most important parts for us in the video above.
The start of the video goes over the new Underground content, but from about 3:00 onwards the news applies to everyone playing The Division. These are the key points:
- AlphaBridge Gear Set
- Nine new weapon types
- The Showstopper High-End Weapon (shotgun)
- Challenge mode difficulty added to Hudson Refugee Camp and Queens Tunnel Camp missions
- New Heroic Mode difficulty for certain missions and Incursions
- Base of Operations upgrade adds new vendors, changes to vendor functions and a shared social space with fast travel
- Weapon Recalibration will support recalibrating one Weapon Talent
- A new Dark Zone bracket will support players with a 231+ Gear Score
- Player stash increased to 70 slots
- Level 30 players will only encounter level 30 or higher enemies in free roam
- Player wills be able to convert three High-End Division Tech to one of any High-End crafting material
- Phoenix Credit cost of 204 High-End and 240 Gear Set items and blueprints reduced
- Items that have been equipped can not be shared
- Players cannot be kicked from matchmade games during or up to one minute after boss fights
- All players need to enter the Circle in Clear Sky before you can interact with the laptops and fuses, and all enemies here will respawn until every player enters; no more standing outside making randos do all the work for you
- Players can no longer deploy Mobile Cover skill while they are performing a Cover-to-Cover move – which may reduce wall glitching
- Exotic Damage Resilience is now capped at 90%
- Weapon rebalancing
- Item rebalancing, notably fixed number of mod slots on gear sets
- 231+ Dark Zone bracket boasts enemies up to level 35
- DZ 05-06 in Gear Score bracket 201-230 will now have a chance to drop Gear Score 229 High Ends and 268 Gear Sets, and Dark Zone chests now scale better with the Gear Score bracket and the named zone you are in
- The High-Risk High-Value Targets adjusted to match Gear Scroe increase
- Normalized loot will drop from Main Missions in Challenge mode
- Caduceus will drop from Hard Mode Mission bosses
- Normal mode Missions will drop Superior items
- Green Division Tech will no longer drop in the Dark Zone after level 30
Not on PC or Xbox One? The Division Underground and update 1.3 release on PS4 in August.