Take a closer look at Gul’dan in his hero spotlight.
Warcraft‘s Gul’dan was announced for Heroes of the Storm last week, along with Diablo’s Auriel, and while we still don’t have a release date for either hero, we do get to see Gul’dan in action in the latest hero spotlight video.
After a brief overview of Gul’dan’s history – crazy bastard, looked like a walnut even when he was a “young shaman” – we get learn more of his abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
He’s described as “a sustained damage ranged assassin whose thirst for power is his greatest strength – and weakness.”
You can check out the list of his abilites below. Currently, Gul’dan is available to play until July 11 in the Public Test Realm, for those playtesting the latest patch before it goes live.
Trait – Life Tap (D)
- Gul’dan does not regenerate Mana
- Activate to sacrifice a portion of your Health, restoring 25% of your maximum Mana
- Fel Flame (Q) – Release a wave of flame that damages each enemy it passes through
- Drain Life (W) – Drain the life from an enemy over 3 seconds, dealing damage to the target and healing Gul’dan each second while channeling
- Corruption (E) – Call forth three bursts of shadow energy in a line, which deal damage to each enemy they strike over 6 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times
- Horrify (R) – After a short delay, deal damage and Fear all enemy Heroes in the area for 2 seconds
- Rain of Destruction (R) – Summon a rain of meteors in a large area for 7 seconds. Each meteor deals a damage in a small area
It looks like we’ll see Gul’dan before Auriel, and if you’ve been playtesting him, let us know how you’ve gotten on in the comments below.