Long-incubating zombie survival platform bears another fruit.
State of Decay 2 coming to Windows 10, Xbox One in 2017 – first trailer
Having leaked very quietly and modestly in advance of Microsoft’s E3 2016 conference, State of Decay 2 was officially announced on stage.
Microsoft said the Undead Labs offers an all-new sandbox, and that players will work together in multiplayer.
“Build a lasting community, working with other players or solo to overcome challenges while exploring your own unique story in a world that remembers the choices you make,” the platform holder said.
Notably, the “world” under discussion here is not a shared one; each players has their own instance to which they cna invite others or not. You won’t log in to find someone’s knocked down your base.
This and the tagline “no one survives alone” tagline suggests this may be the evolution of the long-awaited project codenamed Class 4. It was supposed to be an MMO, but times they are a-changin’, innit.
State of Decay 2 is coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2017. Check out a fact sheet and some screens below.
- There is no singular hero character. Play as an entire community — each survivor in the game is their own person, with a unique mix of background traits, skills, and attitudes that determine what they can do, what they want, and what they are willing to do to get it.
- Use your community’s unique array of individuals to forge a path through the game that is personal to you. Your choices shape the identity of your community, ensuring that no two stories are alike.
- Explore an open, simulated world filled with dynamic zombie and human enemies, friendly survivors to recruit into your community, and valuable resources and gear necessary to keep your people alive.
- RPG Progression Systems for Individuals, Base, and Community
- Develop each survivor’s traits and skills to improve their capabilities and strengthen your community.
- Collect resources to build and fortify your base, unlocking crucial new facilities and valuable community options along the way.
- Elevate your favorite survivors to leadership roles in your community by heeding their advice and completing their goals, and unlock new community benefits and objectives that suit your leader’s ideals.
- Manage the relationships and goals of your survivors to build a strong community that has a lasting impact on the future of your world.
- Four-player Co-op Multiplayer
- Play solo, or for the first time ever in the “State of Decay” franchise, with up to three of your friends.
- Invite friends to join your game, or drop into theirs. Work together as you explore the deadly post-apocalyptic environment, watching each other’s backs and sharing the rewards of your accomplishments.
- Each player maintains command of their own personal community and roster of characters.