Fire up the launcher to check out cool new content. Two puns in one strap line! Fire me immediately!
Minecraft 1.10 update adds new polar and desert content
Minecraft has been updated to version 1.10. Simply load up the launcher to grab it.
This latest patch has a ton of fixes, apparently, but the main highlights are additions to the polar and desert biomes.
For advanced builders, the most interesting change is the addition of a Structure Block. Here’s Mojang’s description:
“This block allows map makers to store templates of structures and place them dynamically with the help of Redstone trickery. Since it’s a technical block, you will not find it in the game menus, and is restricted to players who are admins in creative mode.”
Mojang shared the following patch notes:
- Many bug fixes
- Added Polar Bear
- Added Husk and Stray
- An auto-jump option
- Improvements to some commands
- Structure blocks for custom maps
- Underground fossils made from bone blocks
- Added Magma Block
- Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Bricks
- Some huge mushrooms can be even larger
- A rare chance to find lonely trees in plains
- Find abandoned mineshafts filled with gold in mesa biomes
- Villages generate better paths between the buildings
- More variations of villages, based on the biomes they are built in
- Endermen have been spotted in the Nether
- Removed Herobrine
As usual this patch is for the mothership Mac and PC build only; the console, mobile and Windows 10 builds run on their own schedule.